0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Achievements Newblood

Smile Cosplay App! [Suggestions needed]

Hello everyone!

My name is Anna. I am working as an intern in a mobile app company. Since I haven’t found any apps for Cosplay, I am suggesting the company to create a photo and video sharing app dedicated to the cosplay community. But before I suggest this, I would like to ask you guys whether you would be interested in this app.

Here is the main features of the app:
    -Short video recording of 10-15 seconds
    -Special effects and sound can be added to the video
    -Photo and enhancement tools (such as eye color effect)
    -Animated GIF images

The great thing about this app is that it is an entertaining and creative way to showcase short skits, customes and acting skills.
    Short make-up tutorials can be created and fellow cosplayers can be inspired from each other.
    Another great thing is that you can upload your creations instantly to this Cosplay social network or if preferred, to other social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, tumblr etc.

It would be highly appreciated if you guys could help me to give some feedback on this. I would love to hear other features you would like to have on this app.

Thanks in advance

Timid Typist
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.27%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!I Don't Pay For FriendsBeginner Poster!I'm Not Alone!vB Fast Track

I'm just starting out cosing, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

I see that the app would fill the niche area of editing, and if it could be ported to a computer, that would be useful too. Reason is that most cosplayers like to act, and some like to act out a particular scene (as you've mentioned, a short skit) from the series they're cosplaying from. Pictures can only capture poses, but they can't capture the emotions of those within the costume to the same extent that a short video clip could.

However, too short (like Vine of 4s) wouldn't be very practical, so a recording duration of 10-15s should be fine.
    After recording whatever they've wanted to, they'd then share it with their friends on social media. And the special effects could come in handy (such as typical anime-style expressions to indicate anger (red + shape), tiredness (sweat drop), etc) for comical attempts.

Why it would fill the niche area would be because I think most cosers don't want to act out a full 2 min skit and painstakingly blast hours editing in effects and subtitles later on a more powerful editing program like Adobe Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas. Stitching together pictures to form a coherent story would also be quite impractical, especially if the intended skit is short in duration.

A minor barrier to entry for larger adoption, though, would be the fact that sound recording might be an issue. The inclusion of sound into the app would be useful, but if smartphones don't have a very powerful microphone, users of the app might find themselves having to subtitle whatever dialogue is being said due to the high sensitivity or lack thereof. The alternative would be to record sound separately and slap it on top of the video (essentially a multi-track editing app), which might be more trouble than some cosers might do.

Having said that though, that hardware problem mentioned above can't really be solved by a software such as an app. I'd use an app like that if it was in existence, if only to record some funny short skits with my friends. And if a dedicated few people start producing popular short videos with the app, more might be inclined to try overcome whatever barriers they encounter, leading to widespread adoption of the app among the cosplay community in Singapore. Given the relatively large size of the cosplay community here, I think that's the best any app developer could hope for.

./feedback.

Chibi Chatterer
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.05%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Achievements Newblood

Thank you so much These are some great inputs! I really appreciate your time and will take your thoughts into my consideration.

Chibi Chatterer
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.25%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Hey, I'm a professional app developer working with Microsoft and mostly Beta Byte. Honestly I think unless there's a great demand, you need not make this app.
    For example, Palringo, is an app with 1,000,000 users on PC and mobile who form groups of a particular topic and chat. Don't you think this is exactly what you guys are going to do?

Just an insight from me, don't take it negatively. There's already apps that are close enough, only problem you guys will face is popularizing the app.

Kudos for the idea though.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.25%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Very good idea! i suggest add a cosplay tutorial section, An admin can add tutorial videos from youtobe and people can search and watch videos! good luck