New to the Cosplay circle as a event photographer ? The guide here serves as a help to new incoming event photographers please do try and observe these at all times . Any photographers and cosplyers can feel free to add on any points you need .
1) Please kindly ask for a permission to have a Cosplaying talent photo taken . Cosplayers have the right to reject any phototaking requests any time they seem fit . You DO NOT ask them for a photo request when they are resting or heading to another place or is occupied with their own things .
2) As Cosplay talents are NOT models , you do not ask them to pose for any poses that are out of their characters , Doing so will ruin the image of the characters that they are Cosplaying .
3) Be considerate to other event goers , you do not push or block other fellow photographers just to get a good shot for your own . This IS not a oscar red carpet event .
4) If the Cosplay event you are going needs a Media pass or registration for photographers to shoot there , please abide by all registration procedures .
5) If a cosplayer seems tired after a long shoot , give them a rest and stop your shooting . They are not machines .
6) Be wary when you walk . DO NOT step on other cosplayer's costume or mingle with their props . Some props are very fragile .
7) DO NOT take any unruly shots( Ie upskirt and voyeur) at all times , other countries are maybe more open to it , But Singapore have strict laws governing it .
8) If you want to have private shoots with a Cosplaying talent , it is between you and the Cosplaying talent . Any disputes you'll have to settle it yourselves and event organizer will not be held responsible , They'll also have the rights to refuse your shoot request if it deem fit .
I was put on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I will never die.
Hmm I too agree with all of your points. Hope the next time can be more organised. And if I did anything wrong (I would not know, need others to remind definitely) please do remind...
Of course I will abide the rules that i stand by as a photographer...
Enjoy and 萬歳 to the next event!
this shld be stickied
you should post this on every photographers forum in sg
i think the photographers who were originally in sgcafe follow these rules already XD
SigPic done by midnitesnow
I see this thread as pointless. Simply put, you can write down 100 rules or 1000 rules but with no one to enforce them they are practically useless.
There are all kinds of photographers out there, good ones and ugly ones, and unfortunately free events draw many of them like bees to honey. The way I see it, frankly, such things are going to continue as long as the organizers allow free rein over anyone armed with any sort of camera, video, even hp cams, to attend the event.
Maybe the admin of sgcafe can even setup a new subforum titled "Ugly Cosplay Photographers Complain Corner"
quite true... But just lets hope they listen XD
Or else get bouncer =x
imagines a girl (155cm)
being followed around by 3 burly american bodyguards (190cm)
THAT IS COOL
SigPic done by midnitesnow
Will the tide of battle Turn? THE FIGHT IS ALL!
well your rules will work for newbies that are just starting out and they are from sgcafe.
No one on CS will give a damn to this. and really NO ONE [unless complains come out on the papers]
thx ah pek for ur rules.......but i think the best way for the cosplayers to counter all these is to be vigilance, be it their properties and their behaviour.
sometimes theft cases occurs to both photographers or cosplayers if they did not take good care of their belongings