While I can agree with a lot of these, I had to say it but some of the phrasing is offensive to people who have been targeted by perverts.
Take for example:
Uh, no. Simple actions do not lead to unwanted consequences. It's not about covering yourself up to avoid being stalked or harassed. It doesn't matter. If someone wants to be a pervert and ignore the fact that these are people in costumes that is they're doing and does not reflect or rather should not reflect onto that of the cosplayer. As someone that has been harassed and asked to do perverted photos, I take great offense to this.No. 4: Think before you pose for a photo. Sometimes it might just be a simple action that may lead to an unwanted consequence. (eg. bending towards photographer and accidentally revealing your cleavage line unintentionally.)
This part especially:
Do you see how much of a slap in the face that is? Actions do not trigger or cause people to ask to be harassed. You can behave decently, you can wear turtlenecks, jeans and tennis shoes and you can still be harassed. I'm sorry to say but writing like the above just shifts blame onto victims rather than the people that deserve the blame. I volunteer helping rape victims and this kind of wording is what we fight to avoid.**2) When you know that you are wearing something short or revealing, please take every caution when you want to pose, sit or relax. Act properly and behave decently, sometimes it's the signals and body language that might trigger an undesirable consequence. Take responsibility for your actions.
Really the key things I always advise people:
1. Stay close with friends and keep a cell phone handy. Always know your surroundings. Buddy system is your best friend.
2. Never be afraid to scream or attract attention.
3. Never go off with a strange alone or to a private place. Photoshoots should be held near the convention and in an area you feel is safe.
4. Don't be afraid to speak up. If someone is making you uncomfortable and you've asked them to stop, raise your voice. Call them out.
5. If something happens, do not blame yourself. Tell someone immediately and get help.
6. No is no. Do not let someone persuade you against your comfort.