The Market Place/Garage Sales Rules Thread
In summary, don't be a jerk and usually we won't disturb you. Follow the rules and post in relevant sections correctly.
1. VR Media Pte Ltd will like to protect the interest of all our forums members. However, we will not be responsible for any losses arising from the use of the garage sales or any section in the forum.
Users are to engage in transactions with other forum members at their own risk.
2. If you're here to cheat/con/swindle someone (spoilt/pirated/something wrong goods), go away and find a real job. Be aware that we have a very advanced IP logging and user fingerprinting system which we can pass on to the authorities (and have have done that before and the culprits got caught)
3. No buying/selling of illegal/contraband items (up to admin/mod discretion)
4. At all times, the admins/mods reserve the right to moderate/close/shutdown your thread, with reasonable justification of course.
Rules for buyers/windows shoppers
1. Don't spoil people's threads (low-balling price, making stupid/unnecessary comments, posting links to other sales)
2. Be a man, do the right thing! (meaning once you've agreed to a price and location, and turn up/pay up. No $$$/interest, don't bid then!)
3. Clones of the seller faking bids to artificially raise the pricing - if caught, instant ban + shame
Rules for sellers:
1. This forum is for Personal & Second Hand Sales Only, it is NOT your online shopfront.
This means commercial entities/blogshops/dealers are not allowed to post in here! We're also clamping down on violators regardless of whether they are "laojiao", "small time", "many forumers like me", "charity/not for profit" (lol you expect me to believe), post count or reputations. Cannot means cannot!
If you (commericial entity) would like to use our forums as a platform to reach a greater mass, kindly send us an email: [email protected]
2. External Links are allowed for the purposes of showing information about the product (e.g. manufacturer's website listing specifications, 3rd party review)
3. There is no limit on the number of sales threads. However, we reserve the right to merge or delete excessive threads.
4. You're advised to use the provided prefixes WTS, WTB, WTT, MWTS...
5. Offensive thread titles or content will be clamped down
Is this the first time you are using a forum to buy and sell your used items ?
Here are some general tips and advice.
Use Prefixes (e.g. WTS, WTB, MTWS, etc )
Our forum is equipped with prefix functionality. When you create a thread, in any category under garage sales and marketplace, you will notice a "Prefix" drop-down box. Select the one that is most appropriate for your intention
WTS - Want to Sell
WTB - Want to Buy
WTT - Want to Trade
MW** = Might Want to
When your item is sold, it will be a good courtesy to indicate your item is sold by using the SOLD prefix.
If you decide not to sell and close thread, you can add a CLOSED prefix as well.
Provide a photo of your item
A picture speaks a thousand words. Providing a picture gives the potential buyer a better look at your item and its condition.
It helps the buyer and have a better trust in you in your future sales of items in the forums. Who knows, you might get an increase of reputation
Last edited by oOgA; Dec 2nd, 10 at 03:31 PM.