53.61%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Quote Originally Posted by SchizoCheese View Post
    Most of us don't. Rather - we don't have the luxury of doing so, because real life comes first. We have jobs, we have school, we have other commitments that are higher up on the Ladder of Life. The dolls aren't going anywhere. They aren't going to walk out on you or sue you for negligence if you don't play with them everyday. They're objects - beautiful pieces of art that we can play with, but we're not obligated to them in the way one is obligated to play with a cat or dog, because cats and dogs are living, breathing creatures that need love and attention. Dolls are objects. They are beautiful, they are exquisite, but they are objects. Giant plastic toys, if you will.

I can quite happily leave my dolls sitting in their cupboard, untouched, for months. But nobody calls me a lousy owner; nobody tells me I don't deserve the dolls I own. I have more important things in life to tend to, like say, my university work. And I don't give a shit if you think that I'm a crappy doll owner because I prioritise what matters in life and what doesn't. My dolls will always be there when I need to destress and expend my creativity elsewhere.
    I second this.

Frankly, my kids are sitting in my cupboard as I type right now. I love them, yes, but I don't obsess over them like some people think doll owners do cause in addition to studying, I'm working too.

Yes, i get concerned when people attempt to hold my doll by their faces ["Dude, I paid 50usd for that faceup"] and I do get concerned when they handle my kids the wrong way only cause I don't want to see my 600 dollar doll on the ground in pieces but otherwise, I'm really quite normal.

In fact, it's not until people go through my phone and see pictures of my kids that they actually ask and I tell them; so I suppose that puts me in the low profile section.

I have to say though, that I refer to my kids as "kids" and I do say that my boy is "my boy" and that my girl "is my girl" in the daughter-son sense of the word. So sue me, hurhurhurhur - I still think I'm normal though.
    Last edited by kiyomi; Sep 17th, 10 at 10:23 PM.

| VOCALOID! 恋色病棟 @MEIKO | WAND OF FORTUNE ♧~ALVARO~♧ | VOCALOID! DUKE OF VENOMANIA @LUKA

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.61%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

I'm definitely not a stereotype ??? because she/he obviously didn't construct the question well.

But how can one be a stereotype doll owner? What is the definition of stereotype? Blonde girl = dumb? Cheerleader = popular? Gamer = unpopular?

Seriously?

Regarding doll owners, I don't think there's even a need for such a thing called stereotype. If there is, it's classified under

1. New comers

2. Oldies.

♥KHR COSPLAY PROJECT♥ = 大成功!!
    Oh you sexy thing ♥
    http://forums.sgcafe.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=456&dateline=1213262714

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.25%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!vB Fast TrackI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieNewblood

1. newbies

2. oldies

3. hermits....
    i'll play the devil, thou you may hate me but then believe in the real world,
    what comes out of my mouth is much kinder then what you get out there,
    life is not a bed of roses unfortunately....

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.56%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Achievements Good posterI'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!vB Fast TrackI Survived a Month!

Hmmm... seems like i am a newbies And the buy and research type @_@
    (Or should i say.... buy and research but still dont understand type =w=')
    Last edited by jadepuppy; Jul 24th, 12 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Typo error
    Sticks and stones may break my bones
    But words will never hurt me.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    97.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Achievements vB Fast TrackI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieNewblood

It sounds like stereotypical dollowners come in all types, which kinda removes the idea of a stereotype. This is a good thing. Those who go overboard (in my opinion) with the constant attention and play are a bit outside the realm of reality and are usually young, I would guess. After that it all comes down to any type of collector and hobbyist. They're either way into the collection and make it their life, or it's just something they enjoy during breaks in the real world schedule.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.02%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Quote Originally Posted by Kokushi_Tenshi_Shia View Post
    Sterotype ?

Males do not play with dolls, LOL.
    Now that entertain me, a great deal Xd
    Actually... *Gulp* He he. But only when I'm playing with a doll with a girl at that time okay. Whew.

As for me about the list, I think it's safe to say that I am in the low profile or even the crappy list since I just smash the dolls I get my hands on to the ground even now. But don't take me wrong okay, I do that because I like them. Oh my that sounds gay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12