Lv. Percent
    24.76%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%
    Achievements Thread PandaStop...Hammer Time!Art Of CreationPosting GodMaster Poster

Default Subculture Shopping Guide - last update 25 Dec 2011

This is a list of subculture fashion shops. Since most of the lists are outdated (like years old.) I thought I’ll come up with a newer version. Contributions are welcome but please do not name shops that are cosplay only! (e.g. Haru is okay since they bring in FASHION items, but Pan-in-the-box is not okay cos they're only cosplay) Please correct me if there are mistakes in my list.
    Use own discretion when shopping. I am not saying these are the BEST places to shop neither am I reviewing these shops. Like everything else in life, use your common sense before making decisions (:

List of shops that are gone/MIA/still exist but don’t sell fashion:
    Sumairu/Atsuki GL (Liang Court)
    Athena/Blood Romance (Far East Plaza)
    Miwitch (Online shop, used to have Infanta but the last I checked, the website turned into the shop owner’s personal blog with no mention of any Infanta/Rseries for sale. However you may get Infanta and Rseries from their respective shops on Taobao)

Format: Name of shop | What they carry (I may not list all!) | Some comments, location, website, etc

1. Black Alice: Lolita. Baby the stars, Angelic Pretty, Putumayo, Innocent World, and more. You can order AP, Btssb and IW items from them. They also hold tea parties occasionally.
    Angelic Pretty | Lolita Dress | Lolita Clothing | Lolita Fashion | Dress Wedding | Party Dress | Bridesmaid Dress
    Currently they're sharing a shopfront with Dark Royalties: Far East Plaza, #03-06

2. Haru/Haru Goth
    Link to list of brands they offer: (too many to list here Haru House - Info | Facebook )
    Haru has lots of cosplay stuff, but they do carry fashion items. Upon request, they can order/order & tailor specific items for you. They often organise events whereby people are encouraged to cosplay and wear subculture.
    Haru Online
    They have moved from Far East Plaza to *scape, 2 Orchard Link, #02-31
    You can order items via e-mail, and make payments at the storefront.

3. Alice 88th
    When I visited their shop, they had GLP, K-Star, KLS, that range. Mostly Punk/Goth imo. The only dresses they stocked looked rather costumey and failed to fit the Lolita silhouette. They have multiple websites, all of them outdated so I don't know which is the latest.
    Alice88th - Your One Stop Japanese Sales and Rentals | Alice 88th ~ Index
    Physical store - 15 Bali Lane.
    I don't know if they do online orders.

4. Dark Royalties
    GLP, Punk Rave and Pyon Pyon. (I have never heard of Pyonpyon until now. It makes me think of Ponyo~ XD)
    They started business this year. They do not carry full-fledged Lolita, but sell those sleeveless faux-corset-style dresses/JSK and waloli frocks. They’re not very Lolita cos the skirts are just too short (however you can co-ordinate them for other fashions and you can still look nice imo.). Also there’s the Punk Rave for your H.naoto/Sexpot/BPN knock-offs.
    Home page
    14 Scotts Road Far East Plaza #03-06 shop 4

5. CATZ Apparel
    K-Star, GLP, KLS. They have two storefronts on the first floor.
    I think their miniskirts are okay for some punk/oshare. For a $30 skirt, you get really itchy lace that irritates the skin. Their pants mostly damn thick not meant for Singaporean weather lol. But they have socks and little cuffs and stuff like that.
    Somewhere in 1st floor of Bugis street. Two storefronts.

6. Multiplo O/Oops or something like that?
    Really similar to CATZ Apparel. I think they’re part of the same company or something.
    Marina Square, in some corner somewhere, I forgot which floor.

7. 666Republic
    Mainly Goth, some punk stuff. Their Lolita is not full-fledged Lolita, though their vests can be used for GL/classic/pirate Loli/steampunk. Their coats can be worked into EGA.
    666republic
    City Plaza, first floor. They have a rack of their 666republic stuff hidden within a shop full of mainstream fashion, facing the pay-by-coin massage chairs.

7. Banana
    Gyaru? Mori? Otome? I’m very ignorant about all these styles but I can recognise that this shop’s selling Japanese fashion for females. Frilly girly soft lace-y and fluffy stuff. Also they have shoes & accessories that’ll work for sweet Lolita (no MJs or RHS I think, but I remember seeing frilly boots)
    Kovan Heartland Mall, 2nd floor.

8. Unknown name/no name, Bugis Street 2nd floor
    Really crappy Lolita knock-offs. Like the designs are just plain terrible they make Bodyline look imba hehe. I saw some Bodyline ~wannabe~ so CMI that my friend who doesn’t do subculture cringed too. This shop also carries some typical Bugis Street mainstream stuff, which is okay for your ordinary fashion, but not for Lolita. No. Second floor of Bugis Street. Be warned XD

9. Liz nana something like that
    Gyaru stuff but I think they are all imitations (cos the price don’t seem very Liz Lisa-ish to me lol). They have a few shopfronts, I *think* there is one in Far East, I know there is one in Nex (shopping mall at Serangoon MRT/interchange) and some other places I guess.

10. For the offbrand fan...
    Bugis Street and Far East Plaza - good places for fakes and accessories. I've snagged a pair of peace now skinnyjeans lookalikes for $15! 8D
    Beware though, Bugis is filled with Beng&Lian fashion so use own discretion when shopping or you will look like `kAwaiinehx xiia0-cutiie.
    You should know that Lolita dresses and skirts are hard to find offbrand. Very rarely would a mainstream fashion manufacturer produce skirts that can fit a petticoat underneath. However you can look for shoes, hair accessories, shawls, socks, etc that can go into loli.
    You can also easily mod some BengLian clothing for punk/vkei, with some good taste surely it can be pulled off!
    There's also a shop with lots of heeled boots. It can be found on level 2, not sure if their level 1 storefront still exists...suitable for all styles, check it out :3
    Last edited by starz300; Dec 25th, 11 at 12:08 PM.
    buy from bodyline & other j-fashion webshops even if you don't have credit card! i accept local bank transfer and meetups. click for info

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.76%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%
    Achievements Thread PandaStop...Hammer Time!Art Of CreationPosting GodMaster Poster

Part Two: Second hands/unofficial/etc

1. Our very own Ye Olde Shoppe !
    People in the community selling their unwanted fashion pieces for various reasons. Please use own discretion because sometimes a weirdo or two pop up XD but people are generally nice and honest.

2. Livejournal communites
    These communities exist beyond SGCafe. Most of their members are from North America/Europe, and the most popular mode of payment is paypal.
    There are many more sales communities than this, put your Googlefu to good use
    http://garagesalejapan.livejournal.com/profile
    http://gothfash.livejournal.com/profile
    http://egl-comm-sales.livejournal.com/profile
    http://steamfashion.livejournal.com/profile
    http://vk-sales.livejournal.com/profile
    Remember, each community would have their own rules, regulations and culture, and PLEASE don't sprout your Singlish there because they won't catch no ball.

3. Visual shoxx VISUAL SHOXX - VISUAL-KEI, LOLITA FASHION AND ENTERTAINMENT
    They are NOT an official boutique. They bring in accessories and vkei and/or jrock merchandise. You can buy their replica-hide-earrings or Reita bandanas for your outfits. They bring in other merchandises like handphone accessories, band picks etc. Singapore-based so transactions can be completed by cash upon meetup

4. Dr Saru
    They sell some Lolita accessories like wristbands and old-school maxipad headdresses 8D they have other accessories that are suitable for both Lolita and normal fashion. Based in Singapore.
    ♠ Welcome to www.drsaru.com ♠

Part 3: Overseas stuff
    There is an endless list of j-fashion stuff out of Singapore..(mostly in Japan eh heh) here are some to get you started.
    1. Branded goods and other Japanese retailers
    This would require another thread altogether. Know that they exist, and explore on your own free time ^^; Many Japanese brands do not sell online to overseas customers, so you’ll need a shopping service.

2. The notorious Bodyline. BODYLINE YOKOSO!
    It’s…cheap (relative to Japanese brand price range). Not the nicest stuff and many hilarious knock-off attempts but it’s a good place to start out. Their shipping is 20USD flat no matter how many things you order, so do group orders with other people.
    OT: the owner of the shop, Mr Yan, is the butt of jokes for the stupidest things he does (like holding a modeling competition to pick a girl tohave sex withbride)

3. Taobao shops
    Taobao is like China-ebay. There are a number of stores that offer subculture items. Please be careful and avoid the ulu-ulu shops, because Taobao is like eBay so scammers can be anywhere. Not trying to be racist but Taobao being Chinese, well...not all mainlanders are cheaters, but those with the intent aren’t very merciful.

For lolita items:
    community.livejournal.com/egl/16187531.html
    http://hellolace.net/shopping/taobao-guide
    (if you're going into lolita, srsly egl and hellolace are your bestfriends)

For your cheap punk, goth, oshare kei etc, here are some shops.
    1. 首页-LISTEN FLAVOR KERA SHOP上海店- 淘宝网 Kera Japan? Listen Flavour? I don’t know if it’s authentic or not.
    2. 首页-【北京商盟】╋魔叹╋ Punk朋克&Lolita洛丽塔&Gothic哥特&视觉VR- 淘宝网 this shop carries GLP and Punk Rave
    3. 首页-★尚楼PUNKSHOP★ PUNK LOLITA TUK 朋克 歌特 洛丽塔 服装专卖- 淘宝网 I saw a taobao organiser saying they’re the official shop and all items are on ??% discount but I cannot vouch for that.
    4. 首页-PUNK.LOLITA.GOTHIC.原创品牌店/PUNKRAVE- 淘宝网 Punk Rave. It looks like an official shop to me though IDK.
    To order Taobao items simply participate in a group order you find. I’d recommend cosplay/subculture fashion-oriented group orders because these people are more experienced in handling orders for such a niche market. If you know someone with a Chinese bank account perhaps you can make orders yourself.

4. Closet Child
    People in Japan sell their unwanted clothes to Closet Child, where it is resold.
    Last edited by starz300; Dec 25th, 11 at 12:07 PM.
    buy from bodyline & other j-fashion webshops even if you don't have credit card! i accept local bank transfer and meetups. click for info

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.76%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

Brand List! lol

"Not so brand-brand"
    - usually composed of knock-offs, fakes, replicas, whatever you call it. Products are of lower quality and aren't as durable compared to branded items. Also far cheaper than brand. So if you are paying brand-like prices for something here...someone's ripping you off...

Bodyline (dubbed the Walmart of Lolita...the shopowner Mr. Yan is known to be a jikopek hoho)
    Fan+Friend
    GLP (Gothic.Lolita.Punk.)
    In the Starlight
    JillPunk
    K-Star
    Punk RavePyon Pyon

Brand from Japan
    Alice Auaa
    Angelic Pretty Official page for Japan in English Page for their USA stores
    Baby, the Stars Shine Bright + Alice and the Pirates
    Banana Fish (closed)
    Black Peace Now (see Peace Now) - USA store
    h.naoto - USA store
    Hell Cat Punks
    HIDEROCK
    Listen Flavour
    Liz Lisa
    Innocent World
    Mary Magdalene
    Metamorphose
    MILK
    Peace Now (also see Black Peace Now)
    Quite Frash
    Putumayo
    SexPot Revenge
    Sexy Dynamite London
    Tralala
    Victorian Maiden

and moreee

Brand not from Japan
    Vivienne Westwood
    Tripp NYC
    Demonia
    Pleaser
    Last edited by starz300; Dec 25th, 11 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.22%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

Thank you for the listing, very useful for new comers

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.76%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

thanks!

bump for minor update
    feel free to PM me if you find this list outdated. (don't just post a reply, I seldom look at the thread)

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.76%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

made some minor updates

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.62%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%
    Achievements The Popular OnevB Fast TrackI Survived a Month!Party of FiveI Don't Pay For Friends

upz~
    thanks!!!
    I believe, so i hope too~