Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Default BE careful of SCAMS.

Dear fellow cosers,

I hereby post my personal experience with a scammer based overseas. Please read and take note. DO not fall into such a scam just as I have.

First, I tell you about aftermath of the scam:
    I went to make a formal police report with the evidence I have. I am told that the police cannot do anything much to help as the person is based overseas.
    These chao ang mo are very smart. They know that our local police is very limited in capability to apprehend them as it involves interpol. Besides, the amount involved is relatively small.
    I went to singpost immediately after finding out I was scammed. I cannot stop shipment as the shipment has already left Singapore. Singpost cannot do anything to help me AT ALL. I called many times and beg n ask etc etc. Nothing is going to help and my goods WILL REACH that bastard's hands.

Story goes:

I posted on a few local websites trying to sell away my extra bottles of organic supplements which my relative last minute back out of the order.

I got a reply from this person

From P Martins [email protected]
    to (my email)@gmail.com
    date Tue, May 31, 2011 at 6:03 PM
    subject (brand name of my health supplement)
    mailed-by gmail.com
    signed-by gmail.com

Hello how are you doing today,i want to know if this item is still
    available for sale reply asap...

From (my email) @gmail.com
    to P Martins <[email protected]>
    date Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 5:50 PM
    subject Re: (my health supplement brand name)
    mailed-by gmail.com

Hi,
    The item is still on sale. SGD $35 per bottle, direct from manufacturer. Minimum order of 3 bottles qualifies for free courier shipping to your address. Item is not available for shipping outside Singapore.

Thank you.

From Patrick Martin [email protected]
    to (my email) @gmail.com>
    date Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 8:49 PM
    mailed-by yahoo.com
    signed-by yahoo.com

Hello i am Mr P Martins from United State Of America how are you today and how are
    your families ? hope all is good ? well i am interested in buying the item for my daughter in United Kingdom, because it my daughter that need it and i hope she would like it , so kindly get to me with the total
    cost of the item including the shipping cost to her address below with post office, i pay through either Paypal or Bank transfer ok reply soon.

First Name :Justina
    Middle Name-Patrick
    Address : block 6,Garden F North gate House
    City : London
    Zipcode : SE172BN

Thanks and have a blessed day

From (my email)@gmail.com
    to Patrick Martin <[email protected]>
    date Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    mailed-by gmail.com

Hi Mr Martins,

All is good for me. Since you live in the USA, it would be cheaper to buy the product from your hometown and get it shipped over to your daughter.

However, if you would still like my services, shipping rates to your daughter is an additional SGD $12 per bottle. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide the free shipping service for bulk orders above 3 bottles to overseas clients. I am able to give a SGD$6 off the total bill for bulk orders to help you defray part of the costs of shipping.

Example of calculation:

Order for 1 bottle: SGD $35 + SGD $12 = SGD $47 payable.

Order for 3 bottles: [(SGD $35 + SGD $12) x 3 ] - SGD $6 = SGD $135 payable

Yes, you can pay through paypal at the link below:
    (link removed)

I believe your daughter would like this product just as my family and I have.

Thank you and God bless.

from Patrick Martin [email protected]
    to (my email)@gmail.com>
    date Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:40 PM
    mailed-by yahoo.com
    signed-by yahoo.com

I want order for 3 bottles,Kindly get back to me with your PayPal id to make the Payment thanks

From (my email) @gmail.com
    date Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 10:45 PM
    mailed-by gmail.com

Hi Mr Martin,

My paypal ID is : (removed)

Upon confirmation of payment through email, I will send out the items within 3 working days.

date Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 11:18 PM
    mailed-by yahoo.com
    signed-by yahoo.com

I will make the Payment by tomorrow and you can ship by Monday thanks

date Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 5:37 PM
    subject Re: Green Foods Corporation, Green Magma, Barley Grass Juice Powder,
    mailed-by yahoo.com
    signed-by yahoo.com

Hello am happy to tell you that I have made the payment into your paypal account,kindly check your email both inbox,spam and junk email for the payment confirmation from paypal what you have to do now is that you get the item shipped and send the Shipment receipt and Tracking Number to paypal for verification and after paypal verify the Shipment the money will be fully credit into your account thanks reply asap..

from [email protected]
    to (my email)@gmail.com
    date Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 5:34 PM
    subject ***P Martins Has Paid For An Auction***(Ship Now).
    mailed-by gmail.com
    signed-by gmail.com
    PayPal

Dear Valued Customer,

This message is originated from paypal company. We have received an order from our client ([email protected]) making a payment into your paypal account ((my email)@gmail.com)

Description:GOODS
    Amount -$135.00 SGD

Buyers Verified Shipping Address
    Middle Name-Patrick
    Zipcode : SE172BN

The payment has been successfully made but due to security reason we have to receive the shipment tracking number before the next 24 hours for the processing of your order.

This a new measure we are taking to protect both our sellers and buyers against fraudulent customers.
    Once you have shipped the item send us the shipment tracking number for verification after the number has verify your account will be credited instantly.This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail [email protected]

**PLEASE NOTE **
    Once shipment has been verified and the tracking number sent to us, You will receive a "CONFIRMATION Email" from PayPal® informing you that the Money has been credited.
    Note: eBay and Paypal will be responsible for the item loss or damage once we recieve the tracking number
    Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team

PayPal, an eBay company
    Copyright‚© 2005-2009 PayPal. All rights reserved.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...rivacy-outside PayPal, Inc. - BBBOnLine Seal Verification
    PayPal, an eBay company
    Copyright © 2005-2007 PayPal. All rights reserved.
    PayPal (America) Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United States as an electronic money institution.
    PayPal FSA Register Number: 226056
    Last edited by phantomrealm; Jun 15th, 11 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.05%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

From (my email)@gmail.com
    date Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 8:46 PM
    mailed-by gmail.com

Hi Mr Martin,

Tracking details as follows:

Tracking number: RR712465751SG
    Shipping with: Singpost
    Online tracking website: Welcome to SingPost

to (my email)@gmail.com>
    date Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 9:20 PM
    mailed-by yahoo.com
    signed-by yahoo.com

I will send the Tracking Number to PayPal now and i hope you have also done that,just want for PayPal to verify and credit your account thanks

to (my email)@gmail.com>
    date Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 1:45 AM
    mailed-by yahoo.com
    signed-by yahoo.com

Hello ,

Now i just received a notification from the PayPal about our order , Is it true that this is the first time you are receiving a money transfer from usa ??? your account is not yet activated ??? im not happy about this at all, because your account needs to be activated before you can take the transfer from PayPal USA ,PayPal has debited the account activations fees which is USD-410 from my account ...

Now your account is activated anyway , U only need to send back the USD-410 via western union to the provided address which i believe PayPal should have sent to you by now and send the western union receipt and information to PayPal....

The USD-410 is just a form of verifications (As said by the PayPal) it will be credited back into your account with the SGD-135, so total you will get in your account after you have transfer the USD-410 via western union and send the western union receipt and information to the paypal is SGD-410+SGD-135......Hope u know western union office in your area?

Let me know when it's done!

Regards!

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.05%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

From [email protected] [email protected]
    to (my email) @gmail.com
    date Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 1:42 AM
    subject ***Account Activation Fee***(Refundable).
    mailed-by gmail.com
    signed-by gmail.com

PayPal logo

Dear Valued Customer((my email)@gmail.com),
    We are happy to let you know we have confirmed your paypal account and it's ready to be credited. All the verifications has been made throughout and Payment of SGD-135 is ready to be confirmed into your Paypal account. But while making the transfer we realized that your Paypal account has never got a transfer from a USA Authorized paypal account internationally before ,Which you will need to activate it before you can get the payment in your paypal account. This notifications was got while we are crediting your account with the payment.

Account Activation - A refundable activation fees of USD-410 will be paid For account activations from any country across the globe, We have contacted ([email protected]) and we have already debited his account with the sum of USD-410 and now we are in process of crediting your account.

Note : This amount USD-410 requested to be paid as already been debited from ([email protected]) account and for security reasons you will need to send his USD-410 back to his representative's address via Western Union Money Transfer.

Note : This said USD-410 You are sending back will be credited into your paypal account along with the SGD-135. The USD-410 is just a form of verifications and activations fees .IT IS REFUNDABLE.

Now the total amount that will be credited into Your Paypal account after you have sent the USD-410 which is already been debited from ([email protected] ) account and send us the Western Union Digitally Scanned Receipt and Western Union Information is USD-410+SGD-135+ Western Union Charges.

Moreover kindly get to us along with the Western Union Charges billed to you while making the transfer of USD-410 and it will be deducted from ([email protected]) account and credited into your account along with the said amount.

We Apologize for any Inconvenience As this is the Lined Policy of paypal to secure both seller and buyer . We have protected you by debiting ( [email protected] ) account with your payment and now we want to protect him by requesting you send his money before we proceed and credit the payment for you .

Here is the Name and Address for the USD-410 to be sent via Western Union Money Transfer.
    Middle Name-Patrick
    Zip-Code : SE172BN

After you have send the money through the Western Union Money Transfer you will need to list out these information that below:

MTCN:
    YOUR ADDRESS:
    YOUR NAME:

We will like to inform you that if you can send the money within 12-24hours.The amount will also be credited into your account within 1-2 Hours also immediately we receive the Western Union Money Transfer details from you.So we will be expecting your urgent action about sending the money urgently for your money to be activated into your account as well.

Send Western Union Money Transfer Scan receipt to us via our
    ([email protected]) and we will attend to you. As soon as you send us the Western Union Money Transfer detail to receive money,the money will be credited to your account.

Note: Once the Western Union Money Transfer Scan receipt has been send to us you will receive a "Confirmation Email" from us informing you that the Money has been credited.

The PayPal Team
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER Give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Email ID: PP307

http://ukpcbuyer.worldispnetwork.com...pal-verify.gif
    Copyright © 1999-2009 PayPal. All rights reserved.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...rivacy-outside

Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved.
    PayPal (Europe) Ltd. is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United States as anelectronic money institution. PayPal FSA Register Number: 226056

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.05%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

From [email protected]
    to (my email) @gmail.com
    date Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 1:42 AM
    subject ***Account Activation Fee***(Refundable).
    mailed-by gmail.com
    signed-by gmail.com

PayPal logo

Dear Valued Customer((my email)@gmail.com),
    We are happy to let you know we have confirmed your paypal account and it's ready to be credited. All the verifications has been made throughout and Payment of SGD-135 is ready to be confirmed into your Paypal account. But while making the transfer we realized that your Paypal account has never got a transfer from a USA Authorized paypal account internationally before ,Which you will need to activate it before you can get the payment in your paypal account. This notifications was got while we are crediting your account with the payment.

Account Activation - A refundable activation fees of USD-410 will be paid For account activations from any country across the globe, We have contacted ([email protected]) and we have already debited his account with the sum of USD-410 and now we are in process of crediting your account.

Note : This amount USD-410 requested to be paid as already been debited from ([email protected]) account and for security reasons you will need to send his USD-410 back to his representative's address via Western Union Money Transfer.

Note : This said USD-410 You are sending back will be credited into your paypal account along with the SGD-135. The USD-410 is just a form of verifications and activations fees .IT IS REFUNDABLE.

Now the total amount that will be credited into Your Paypal account after you have sent the USD-410 which is already been debited from ([email protected] ) account and send us the Western Union Digitally Scanned Receipt and Western Union Information is USD-410+SGD-135+ Western Union Charges.

Moreover kindly get to us along with the Western Union Charges billed to you while making the transfer of USD-410 and it will be deducted from ([email protected]) account and credited into your account along with the said amount.

We Apologize for any Inconvenience As this is the Lined Policy of paypal to secure both seller and buyer . We have protected you by debiting ( [email protected] ) account with your payment and now we want to protect him by requesting you send his money before we proceed and credit the payment for you .

Here is the Name and Address for the USD-410 to be sent via Western Union Money Transfer.
    Middle Name-Patrick
    Zip-Code : SE172BN

After you have send the money through the Western Union Money Transfer you will need to list out these information that below:

MTCN:
    YOUR ADDRESS:
    YOUR NAME:

We will like to inform you that if you can send the money within 12-24hours.The amount will also be credited into your account within 1-2 Hours also immediately we receive the Western Union Money Transfer details from you.So we will be expecting your urgent action about sending the money urgently for your money to be activated into your account as well.

Send Western Union Money Transfer Scan receipt to us via our
    ([email protected]) and we will attend to you. As soon as you send us the Western Union Money Transfer detail to receive money,the money will be credited to your account.

Note: Once the Western Union Money Transfer Scan receipt has been send to us you will receive a "Confirmation Email" from us informing you that the Money has been credited.

The PayPal Team
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER Give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Email ID: PP307

http://ukpcbuyer.worldispnetwork.com...pal-verify.gif
    Copyright © 1999-2009 PayPal. All rights reserved.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...rivacy-outside

Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved.
    PayPal (Europe) Ltd. is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United States as anelectronic money institution. PayPal FSA Register Number: 226056

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.05%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

You see, people, the moment I got this second email from "paypal" and that chao ang mo, I knew I was scammed.

I blame myself for not verifying my first "paypal" email and log in to my paypal account to check the crediting.

Lucky thing is, I never wire the money over to that scum.

Therefore, only kena cheated of my $135 plus shipping charges plus my bottles or organic supplements.

I have also posted on some local singapore websites to sell my cosplay costumes around the same time as I posted the ad to sell away my extra bottles of supplements and I have taken them down.

I have also received an email from "USA customer" to my another email account on the day I posted my supplements out. This "customer" dun care how ex is the shipping and want me to ship my costume to her, saying how much she loves it and how badly she wants it. Same thing, she say she will pay by pay pal or bank transfer.

This time round, I just ignore that email.

One last thing to add: This fake paypal email looks exactly like the real one. I did a detailed comparison with my past transactions to realise it is fake.
    Last edited by phantomrealm; Jun 15th, 11 at 11:42 AM.

Aspiring Mangaka
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.03%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Talk it to paypal? maybe they can do smth.

Kawaii Poster
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.77%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Well... there's tons of scams nowadays, one method is thru such means. They'd usually send that kind of email through free email accounts such as gmail and would resort to masking of their address along the way to fool someone into transferring them money thru paypal or western union (I know that since I've did something similar before, but won't elaborate on how to do so).

But sad to say, most people would fall victim to them. Even professional web programmers themselves.

I suggest contacting your email provider and paypal so as to highlight the issue out to them. Both of them could work together to find the culprit so as to alert potential victims.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.05%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

talked to paypal already. they only told me to forward the 2 fake paypal email. as to whether they will take action, they cannot disclose. they are also unable to do anything to help me on my side as my transaction has not been registered in their records.

Aspiring Mangaka
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.03%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

But the problem is this buyer has been using PAYPAL's logo and copyrights

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.05%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Did a search on pay pal related scams. This has not happened in singapore. either that or it is unreported. I can only find one case with a China victim and one thai victim. Scammed through the same method as mine.

I seek to spread knowledge of this method of scam to all singaporeans. Do know that our local police has limited power against foreign based crimes. If you are scammed, there is nothing you can do.

Aspiring Mangaka
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.03%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Well... u have his address... this is kinda lame but... i might go dere and find him LOL

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.05%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

LOLS! all the way to London to find him...waste more money then I have already wasted.

Kawaii Poster
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.77%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Indeed, nowadays technology are alot more readily available and thus, people would tend to misuse it one way or the other.

I do recall if you are able to produce the records and pin point the culprit, you could still do something. But if either one's missing, you couldn't do anything until you have both things in hand...

Kawaii Poster
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.77%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Quote Originally Posted by phantomrealm View Post
    LOLS! all the way to London to find him...waste more money then I have already wasted.
    Remember, he could easily have google'ed for a random address to use~ xD

Aspiring Mangaka
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.03%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Hahas... But if it isnt a wasted trip, i will make sure that he eithers refunds me ALL the expenses and payment or his gona get arrested ;D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast