Lv. Percent
    72.62%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Default Need help with people who love and collect anime figures / gundam models to help on..

Hi guys , i am a secondary four student and would like ALL of you people out there who love and collects anime figures / gundams or robot models to help me out on a quick survey for my Design and technology research .. i plan to create a gadget that would aid you guys on keeping figuring effectively but i first need to know the problems you guys face ... please answer the survey below in the format

name:
    date:
    question 1: xxxxxxx
    answer:xxxx
    question 2: xxxxx
    answer: xxxxxx

here goes =)

Q1)When collecting anime figuring / robot models be it self design / constructed , what are the common problems you faces when storing the figuring [ EG. collection of dust overtime & models tend to fell off when there are presence of strong wind]

Q2) where do you usually keep your anime figuring / robot models ? do you place them inside a transparent drawer or ..?

Q3) when constructing robot models such as gundam kit , where do you usually store the spare parts / weapons after building it ?

Q4)Do you guys have a limited space of placing different models / figurines?

Q5)when coming across bigger models / figurines [such as zgmf-x20a freedom] do you place them alone or with other models which you have.

once again i thank all of you who spent 5 minutes of your time completing this survey =) thanks .

Chibi Chatterer
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Bumps , guys help please T.T

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

i'll just entertain this thread.

Q1)When collecting anime figuring / robot models be it self design / constructed , what are the common problems you faces when storing the figuring [ EG. collection of dust overtime & models tend to fell off when there are presence of strong wind]

Dust & limited space. When things cluster together, there's a tendency of the bottom box getting crushed/dented. Accidents do happen when the top drops also.

Q2) where do you usually keep your anime figuring / robot models ? do you place them inside a transparent drawer or ..?

Anywhere there's space.

Q3) when constructing robot models such as gundam kit , where do you usually store the spare parts / weapons after building it ?

I dont construct those, but if storing, I'll put them in the same box as the model.
    If displaying, I'll put beside the model.

Yes.

Q5)when coming across bigger models / figurines [such as zgmf-x20a freedom] do you place them alone or with other models which you have.

Dont have big models, but if I have, I'll probably make a theme and displaying them together.

Shameless collector. hikaridranz's Avatar
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.22%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

I don't want to write name =3= and date.....isn't it obvious when from the post itself. =x

mostly similar to above poster's.
    dust, limited space, tiny spiders/insects getting in.

no space to display. I hardly even have space to store them. I keep them in shelves and cupboards and boxes.

I don't have gundams, but for spare figurine parts -- if the figurine can still fit in the original box after being assembled, then I keep both the figurine and spare parts in there. If the figurine can't fit in box after assembling, I don't even bother assembling them. LOL. coz no space display = = I'd just admire the sealed box.

no space to even display. and obviously.

*points to Q2 answer* no space display. still keep in sealed box. then keep with other figurines.
    Sprees //WTS/WTT: Merchandise // Cosplay // Books
    Recruiting: \Tenipuri White

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Late post but hope this helps.

Dust, sunlight can sometimes fade the colors of the model and sometimes models can get sticky when exposed for prolong periods of time.

IKEA $99 glass cabinet FTW

I keep them in the original gunpla box usually. But otherwise i have a box meant for spare parts.

Yes, because collectors are hoarders. TRUTH.

I don't like huge ass wings. so it's not a problem for me. But otherwise if i must i would keep them at the back of the display.
    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/taup0k/lockiegunsou.png

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.12%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!vB Fast TrackI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieNewblood

1) exposure to sunlight/strong light, air, moisture, pollutants (eg. cigarette smoke), dust, not enough space, no idea where to store leftover parts and boxes, afraid of it falling over when i knock the table/whereever i placed them, afraid of small kids wanting to touch them when they come over for CNY (thank you MSiA Sazabi, you are so durable and went through so much torture at the hands of those little buggers >w<)

2) depends. gunpla (collection/play): inside their boxes, with 4-5 crammed together, inside my cupboard where they will never see the light of day ever again bwahahaha, together with a few packs of silicia gel inside. this lengthens the amount of time it takes for the plastic to yellow

gunpla (painted/display): plan to put them in those glass cabinets when i have the $$$ and figure out a way to get dust away. currently wrapped in plastic and dumped in a box somewhere. also with silicia gel, just in case. each one gets its own box.

figmas: in the figma ziplock bag provided, then put into a plastic box from daiso. extra stuff (hands etc) in those pill containers (also from daiso). I bring my figmas out, so I need a more portable case. I play with them often, so no need to think about displaying etc. silicia gel kinda pointless here since the box is not airtight and i keep opening it.

3) (collection/play): in their boxes, together with them. see above

(painted/display): plan to put it in ziplock bags, then silicia gel + box + never see light of day ever again

4) i have at least 172 gunpla. What do you think?

5) (collection/play): I highly encourage communial living.
    (painted/display): by themselves. you don't one to steal the spotlight of another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

May I suggest you develop a one-size-fits-all carry case for figmas/gunpla/nendodroids/whatever-subject-matter that will cater to a huge majority of the product lineup? I face a tough time scouting for suitable containers, such as those toolbox parts containers, medicine containers etc as they are not meant for these things in the 1st place and thus have wrong dimensions, or redundant compartments, or just plain don't fit.

More importantly, for gunpla builders, the biggest problem we face is a logistical problem, ie. how are we going to bring our finished product from home to some competition/buyer/meetup WITHOUT ANY PAINT SCRATCHES/BREAKAGES. The paint finishing we apply to our models can be so fine that a casual brush of the fingernail will leave a visible scratch , our antennaes so slim that they are more fragile than pencil leads, and our sharp points so sharp they are dented with a gentle contact against a hard surface.
    Last edited by Duraham; Mar 8th, 11 at 08:23 PM.