Lv. Percent
    92.3%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%
    Achievements Stop...Hammer Time!Art Of CreationMaster PosterPaper WeightPosting Professional

Default Makeup booth at Cosfest, (Update: NO booth. Makeup slots Timing up!)

UPDATE: NO BOOTH AT COSFEST

After painstaking effort, Cosfest and I have finally come to the end of negotiations, resulting in no booth...
    Sorry guys.
    Frankly, I ain't angry or anything at the results. I was just pissed off over not hearing from them. I don't like to be kept hanging or made to beg for replies.

On the other hand, I am planning to try my luck with ICDS.
    The event organiser told me a couple of things about their approach which I am more than happy to hear about. Plus I get another month or 2 to prepare for the event!!
    I hate rushing things out, plus my laptop is out of commission, so I'm glad I have more time.

Yep, but I will still be available for doing makeup at Cosfest, you just have to contact me beforehand yeah?

TIMING OF SLOTS UP!!

Day 1:
    8.40 am Desti (2)
    9.30 am Wisteria (1)
    10.30 am Yuji Zhaohan (3)
    2.30 pm Cheshire (4)

Day 2:
    8.00 am Wisteria (1)
    10.00 am Yuji Zhaohan (2)
    1.00 pm hikari_ryuu (3)

Timing of slots is based on the preference of chronological order of bookings.
    Missing the timing by 20 minutes results in forfeit of timing and you might have to wait till other people are done.
    * Timings of slots are subjectable to changes.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Hi guys,

Tesun here!! I'm a self-taught makeup artist and I have been doing makeup for a handful of people for their cosplays.
    I'm pretty much a jack of all trades, but am extremely proud of my skills in applying eyeshadow and has a passion for special effects makeup.
    I, personally, hate lipstick and mascara... but... yeah, we do hafta use them...

I'm thinking of renting a booth at Cosfest to do makeup.
    I do have a few people who are hiring me to do their makeup already, but I'd like to check the response from other people, seeing as the booth is quite pricy...

I've recently started building up my portfolio, so there isn't much.
    But if you are interested, here's the link:

A Slice of Magic: Portfolio

2 new photos will be up soon though!! (lolz, like 2 is going to make much difference...)
    I've got to photoshop in the credits.

I usually charge $15/face for ppl <16 yo (X.x I know not everyone can afford, so I'll be upfront about it)
    BUT I will provide everything except foundation, mascara and false lash.
    * I can supply foundation and false lash, but they are charged separately, and I cannot guarantee that the shade after mixing will match.

For more details please look at the FAQ page.

I might be providing face/body art as well. Not exactly sure about this, but MIGHT is the operative word here.
    I think the price would be ~$5 or something.
    So if you need some designs done over the makeup you did yourself...
    Of course, it is better if I can practice before the actual day...

SOOOooooo... what's the verdict??
    Yes or No?
    ---------------
    EDIT
    Some pictures... in case people don't want to clickie link~
    -Only my photos though... cos I didn't ask for permission to put on forums-

Newly added today:

Other than my avvie:

Please go to my portfolio for more pictures!
    I will be doing more makeup looks and uploading them asap!

-Plans to do more Special Effects Makeup-

*bruise done 21/6/12*
    Last edited by Tesun; Jul 1st, 12 at 09:08 PM.

Chibi Chatterer
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    72.93%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

Hi, then what about the price for people who >16?

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.3%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%
    Achievements Stop...Hammer Time!Art Of CreationMaster PosterPaper WeightPosting Professional

Quote Originally Posted by phongnguyen View Post
    Hi, then what about the price for people who >16?
    well, officially it's $20.

But since most cosplayers are quite young, I tend to assume they are <16 yo...
    so I got 'cheated' of $5 a few times... OTL

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.3%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

uhhh...

X.x sry... people... I don't know how to make the picture appear smaller and then bigger when u click it, like how the photogs do it in the cosplay events section!!!
    OTL

EDIT:

Oo it did that automatically?!?!
    Last edited by Tesun; Jun 20th, 12 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    4.62%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

Its a really refreshing idea~

Since a lot of people has difficulties doing their make up, this service will helps in bridging the services gap.

Humm, Would be great to hear more about the make up service with details like booth operational hours~

Cos I believe there is a "peak" hour time in every event (a point of time where a lot of cosplayers will walk randomly ard to have their photo taken? Usually ~1 pm - 5 pm? ) and cosplayers will usually love to have their make up done way before that.. so operational hours for such unique booth might be a little different?

Humm, would also be good if can roughly know how long will one make up be done~ 30 mins? 40 mins? How about special effect make up? *impressed by the bruise make up*

And do i need to book in advance in regards to special effect make up? cos may not have material on hand~ How about fake blood? Do i have to provide? Any numbers to call to enquire?

Lastly, if its going to be done in public area, will there be any screen to cover to create a small area of privacy? Cos
    will be quite uncomforable n intimidating to pay for a service n have a crowd of strangers gathering ard to look~ Lol!

Just some thoughts~

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.3%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

^^
    NICE QUESTIONS!!!

Humm, Would be great to hear more about the make up service with details like booth operational hours~

Cos I believe there is a "peak" hour time in every event (a point of time where a lot of cosplayers will walk randomly ard to have their photo taken? Usually ~1 pm - 5 pm? ) and cosplayers will usually love to have their make up done way before that.. so operational hours for such unique booth might be a little different?
    Hmm... didn't consider that...
    but... I'm actually quite worried as cosfest hasn't replied to my emails or messages...
    so it isn't confirmed that I'll have a booth either...

but I intend to do MORE than cosplay makeup, otherwise I'd be doing nothing for most of the day. hehe
    I'm trying to cater to other needs/ wants as well, since it is downtown east, I believe cosfest has many random passersby... hopefully they'd be interested as well...

Humm, would also be good if can roughly know how long will one make up be done~ 30 mins? 40 mins? How about special effect make up? *impressed by the bruise make up*
    ^^ thx~~ I'm still expt with special effects though!! glad you liked it~

yep, 1 face takes about 30-40 mins. it may take MORE if the person chats with me or fidgets alot though...
    of course, this timing doesn't include things like designs or special effects application...

Depending on the type of special effects and materials used, it would take different amounts of time.
    for example, liquid latex. it takes forever *cough* horribly long to cure, so IF I use it... the makeup will take a long time.

I'm trying to get my hands on something more convenient at the moment though!
    If I do manage to get it, I'll be expt with it for the next few weeks to be more comfortable with using it!!

And do i need to book in advance in regards to special effect make up? cos may not have material on hand~ How about fake blood? Do i have to provide? Any numbers to call to enquire?
    Hmm... it's ALWAYS preferable for me to have advanced notice.
    At least this way, I'm able to try out and see if I have the ability to deliver what is asked.

Yups, I do not have fake blood on hand right now... But if desired I can try to acquire it or 'make' it? haha 'making' would be a bit hard...
    but for one of the photoshoots in my Portfolio, the Rasetsu to Mukuro Miku, I used a mixture of lipgloss, lipstick and other colorants to create the fake blood.

I'll try to see if I can fit fake blood into my budget though. I do like to expt with stuff~~~

If you wish to provide any materials, I'll be delighted!!! haha, more fun stuff to play with~~~

For any queries please email me at [email protected]
    Even if you know my personal email, it's best that all the 'makeup related' emails go to this email address, because it separates the jobs from all the junk mail I get daily.
    Handphone number will be provided via email correspondence.

Lastly, if its going to be done in public area, will there be any screen to cover to create a small area of privacy? Cos
    will be quite uncomforable n intimidating to pay for a service n have a crowd of strangers gathering ard to look~ Lol!
    Hmm... so far, my 'clients' umm, for lack of a better word have no problem with public makeup....
    however, I did consider that some people will be shy...

I'm trying to figure out how I can put up a screen without blocking out the booth or preventing me from accessing / looking after my belongings.
    I'm quite paranoid... naturally... and when I worked at a shop before, I had 3 bags stolen from under my nose when the shop suddenly filled with people...

Since all my makeup and stuff are not sponsored, (*sigh* wish they were though!)
    and some of it is quite hard to get a hold of... (spree pages I frequented have closed!!! nuuuuuu)
    I might actually cry if I lost any...
    haha

THANKS FOR REPLYING WITH SUCH THOUGHTFUL QUESTIONS~~~
    I'm really glad you took the time~
    Last edited by Tesun; Jun 23rd, 12 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.3%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

^^

Cosfest has started replying to me!! but... T.T they suddenly stopped...
    Hopefully I'll hear from them again soon...

I have gotten my hands on some kryolan cine-wax. so far, haven't really tested it out yet.

More questions? Comments? Please?

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    72.93%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

Wow so cool! You should set up some classes for this! Is it alright I call you Tesun-sensei? LOL I understand cosmetics are expensive but for under 16s, it's a little pricey! But you have your talents to show! I would pay if I cosplay!

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    72.93%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

@Enndiron: I think Tesun is too busy to set up classes for the time being...unfortunately... :p
    @Tesun: Need any help with helping you take care of stuff at your booth?

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.12%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%
    Achievements Thread PandaParty of FiveI Don't Pay For FriendsI'm Not Alone!Stop...Hammer Time!

can I tentatively book a slot with you on both days just in case my makeup girl can't make it?

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.37%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!vB Fast TrackI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieNewblood

Will come down to support even though my sis probably would have done my makeup for me.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.3%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Enndiron View Post
    Wow so cool! You should set up some classes for this! Is it alright I call you Tesun-sensei? LOL I understand cosmetics are expensive but for under 16s, it's a little pricey! But you have your talents to show! I would pay if I cosplay!
    Oo classes?!
    lol, I'm not professionally trained though, so... a bit hard to say if I'm qualified to teach...

I do give advice to other cosers that I meet at photoshoot locations where I do makeup for ppl.
    I think... I just hate seeing bad makeup or no makeup on cosers... It just makes me turn nasty... haha.
    but if you put in effort (even if it isn't fantastic looking) I'll play nice~~

Quote Originally Posted by hikari_ryuu View Post
    @Enndiron: I think Tesun is too busy to set up classes for the time being...unfortunately... :p
    @Tesun: Need any help with helping you take care of stuff at your booth?
    T.T cosfest still hasn't replied!!!!!

sure!!! if I do get a booth, it'll be nice if someone can look after my things while I take breaks for food and toilet!!
    I hope I get a favorable reply from cosfest...

Quote Originally Posted by sherylnome View Post
    can I tentatively book a slot with you on both days just in case my makeup girl can't make it?
    Ok sure~
    Please let me know what character and give a ref pic!!
    Choose 2-3 color of eyeshadow tht you'd prefer to have and list any special add ons that you'd want.

It's ok if your makeup girl comes, but I'd prefer to have the info above passed to me beforehand so I can judge if I am confident of delivering.

Quote Originally Posted by snirky View Post
    Will come down to support even though my sis probably would have done my makeup for me.
    kk thx
    will probably be begging drinks from your fam again

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.12%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%
    Achievements Thread PandaParty of FiveI Don't Pay For FriendsI'm Not Alone!Stop...Hammer Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesun View Post
    Oo classes?!
    lol, I'm not professionally trained though, so... a bit hard to say if I'm qualified to teach...

I do give advice to other cosers that I meet at photoshoot locations where I do makeup for ppl.
    I think... I just hate seeing bad makeup or no makeup on cosers... It just makes me turn nasty... haha.
    but if you put in effort (even if it isn't fantastic looking) I'll play nice~~

T.T cosfest still hasn't replied!!!!!

sure!!! if I do get a booth, it'll be nice if someone can look after my things while I take breaks for food and toilet!!
    I hope I get a favorable reply from cosfest...

Ok sure~
    Please let me know what character and give a ref pic!!
    Choose 2-3 color of eyeshadow tht you'd prefer to have and list any special add ons that you'd want.

It's ok if your makeup girl comes, but I'd prefer to have the info above passed to me beforehand so I can judge if I am confident of delivering.

kk thx
    will probably be begging drinks from your fam again
    alright here's the desired skin tone for Barnaby Brooks Jr.

I'm a makeup noob so I'll leave eyeshadow colour to your discretion, I'd like my eyebrows to be sandy blond too though...

Thanks, anyway to update you more conveniently?

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.3%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

Quote Originally Posted by sherylnome View Post
    alright here's the desired skin tone for Barnaby Brooks Jr.

I'm a makeup noob so I'll leave eyeshadow colour to your discretion, I'd like my eyebrows to be sandy blond too though...

Thanks, anyway to update you more conveniently?
    Oo uhh

'desired skintone' ==> means... you want me to change your skin tone?
    I'm telling you straight that I don't believe in changing skintone... putting foundation on that is too pale will make you look ashy and putting on foundation that is too dark, will make you orangey.

Plus... I don't provide foundation.

If it's a guy character, (at least the picture looks like a guy)
    I'd rather not use colors, but just contour the eye.

hmm... light colored eyebrows... will depend on how dark/thick your natural brows are. (you can try to thin out your own brows, if you want?)
    and generally do not show up on photographs (too close to the skin color)

If you don't mind, I can use a medium brown pencil for your eyebrow, it does match the blonde hair quite well as I have done the same with my setsuka heel cosplay.

Please email me at [email protected] with a subject title indicating that it's for makeup.
    I just started getting junk mail to that account... after posting it up... T.T was hoping it wouldn't happen... but it did.

** PRICES AT COSFEST MAY BE REVISED CHEAPER!!!
    I'll be updating when I hear back from them.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.12%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Tesun View Post
    Oo uhh

'desired skintone' ==> means... you want me to change your skin tone?
    I'm telling you straight that I don't believe in changing skintone... putting foundation on that is too pale will make you look ashy and putting on foundation that is too dark, will make you orangey.

Plus... I don't provide foundation.

If it's a guy character, (at least the picture looks like a guy)
    I'd rather not use colors, but just contour the eye.

hmm... light colored eyebrows... will depend on how dark/thick your natural brows are. (you can try to thin out your own brows, if you want?)
    and generally do not show up on photographs (too close to the skin color)

If you don't mind, I can use a medium brown pencil for your eyebrow, it does match the blonde hair quite well as I have done the same with my setsuka heel cosplay.

Please email me at [email protected] with a subject title indicating that it's for makeup.
    I just started getting junk mail to that account... after posting it up... T.T was hoping it wouldn't happen... but it did.

** PRICES AT COSFEST MAY BE REVISED CHEAPER!!!
    I'll be updating when I hear back from them.
    so... I'll have to get my own foundation?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast