Lv. Percent
    6.83%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Talking what do you guys think about angmoh cosplayers?

hey people! what do you guys think about angmoh cosplayers? personally, (im not being racist here) but i think thay cant cosplay for nuts. im not saying i can cosplay really well, but i guess they just cant pull off the look? espicially those from usa. those from the UK are way better in my opinion.

well...im nt saying all those guys/girls in the west are bad cosplayers,just the majority of them.

i feel asians cosplay better.maybe...because what we are cosplaying are those characters created by asians??

anyone care to share their views on this topic?

edit:my mistake for not specifically pointing out. though i typed 'cosplay'. i didnt really mean their costumes. my bad. what i meant was their faces. for example, how can an 'angmoh' pull off doing a character from... eg.bleach.?
    coz for me, i feel that even if u have the best costume,but your face/hairstyle is er...not so nice, that even with makeup wont help? or dosent even resemble the character,its game over. just my humble opinion

another thing is, the scene kid/emo kid look, vs visual kei style. i dunno abt u guys, but i hate that scene/emo kid look man. lol. anyway..i heard that that those scene/emo kid dudes was actually trying to do visual kei style,but failed terribly.(saw videos and comments on youtube,dont know how true they are bt i kinda agree to some extent)

i dunno man.. thats just how i feel. what do u guys think??
    Last edited by hideki88; May 22nd, 10 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.2%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Achievements ReporterHappy Anniversary!vB Fast TrackI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie

Nope.

For every 1 bad Caucasian Cosplayers, there are at least 1 EPIC and PERFECT one that is so many times better than its Asian counterpart. What they lack in that "Asian" look, they can build on having BETTER resources to create their costumes and armors compared to Asian. And many can get ANAL about accuracy down to the last bead or using "period" accurate" materials!

And in many Asian Countries, when Asian Cosplayers tried to go into Movie Costumes or Armor, they Epic Fail in term of the costumes worn as to them "it's just cosplaying so movie accuracy so accuracy is not important" or they rely too much on the wrong resources like Official Merchandises or FanArt.
    Caucasian? WOOH like the Original!

If you open your eyes properly at events and online, you will find terrible cosplayers from even places like Japan.

Maybe why you have this mentality is that Caucasian Cosplayers are not shy to post up their photos online at places like Cosplay.Com or DeviantArt or even Cure.
    Having a Cure and DeviantArt Account myself and feeling the pressure from the local cosplay scenes, I only dare to Post up the BEST photos. But at Cosplay.Com, kinda anything goes for posting up my photos in costumes.

Oh btw, has ANY Asian Cosplayer did a Full Anime/Manga Armor in IRON and accurately too? Well, this Mexico guy did!

And I donno why but for this particular title I love, other than the usual random South American cosplayers, Taiwanese Cosplayers are notorious for using Cloth or Vinyl/Pleather to make their Armor....like literally SEW the Armor together!
    Last edited by Haldir; May 22nd, 10 at 03:01 AM.

Join US In This Holy War......You MUST Contact Me!

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.83%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

finally got the channel right lol

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.83%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

<Taiwanese Cosplayers are notorious for using Cloth or Vinyl/Pleather to make their Armor....like literally SEW the Armor together! > - OMG you're serions!?

well thats something new i learnt today, you're probabally right though...
    anyways.. a beauty to one might be hideous to another,so to each his own yeah

oh- thats way lots of info u gave there mate,how long have u been in the cozplay industry dude?? ^^

*[[ Eternally Ren's ]]* yukiharu_ai's Avatar
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.83%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!vB Fast TrackI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieNewblood

checking ones "Join Date" on the left hand side can give u the idea of how long she's been in this hobby.

and i wont say "angmoh" cosers are horrible.

ive found awesome cosers in that community too.

Same with the asian community.

not all are awesome. only few turn out to be epic and awesome cosers in the efforts,skill and potrayal.

try looking around first before judging. ^^

No other man for me but HIM.
    PERSONAL BLOG // DEVIANTART // PERSONAL SALES

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.75%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

To add on, there's been a large jump in great cosplayers from Australia and Germany as well. Not sure why you specifically mentioned UK cos-ers, any excellent examples?

One thing i notice is that within the USA, discussion on cosplay is really much more pro-active and helpful, yet on the other hand there is also a culture of "HELP WHO SHOULD I COSPLAY" and various opinions such as "I DONT NEED A WIG, MY BROWN HAIR LOOKS LIKE BLACK" etc. Good things, bad things, you have both.

Member Using Sniper Rifle Lysythe's Avatar
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.83%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Keep in mind that although Japanese came up with the word cosplay, Americans were doing it first. =)

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.83%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

I find it appalling that we must think badly of others' cosplay when we're not exactly fantastic ourselves.

But anyway, I think you have your fair share of good cosplayers and not-so-good cosplayers in every country. And also, the culture is vastly different. Not much of a comparison, if you ask me.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.83%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

yeah.. anyway, my mistake for not specifically pointing out. though i typed 'cosplay'. i didnt really mean their costumes. my bad. what i meant was their faces. for example, how can an 'angmoh' pull off doing a character from... eg.bleach.?
    coz for me, i feel that even if u have the best costume,but your face/hairstyle is er...not so nice, that even with makeup dosent help? or dosent even resemble the character,its game over. just my humble opinion

another thing is, the scene kid/emo kid look, vs visual kei style. i dunno abt u guys, but i hate that scene/emo kid look man. lol. anyway..i heard that that those scene/emo kid dudes was actually trying to do visual kei style,but failed terribly.(saw videos and comments on youtube,dont know how true they are bt i kinda agree to some extent)

i dunno man.. thats just how i feel. what do u guys think??

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.83%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

i do agree on US cosplayers spoiling the image, nt only on cosplay, on crossdressing too, mostly photos i saw were big size guys purosly crossdressing sailormoon by revealing their big buts or rozen maidens

ok throw my above comment aside, i personaly think is, nobody is perfect, their hav their own advantages too, like wat kosmos said abt the hair, and recently alot of angmohs are getting better and better, also they DARE to wear revealing costumes, like Elina from queens blade cosplayed by an angmoh is super perfect rather than seeing the same vocaloids or macross fronter over and over again, thats wat i like abt them
    Last edited by date masamune; May 22nd, 10 at 09:50 AM.
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/musictime/stats.jpg

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.67%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!vB Fast TrackI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieNewblood

Don't diss the Aryans.

(lol sorry for typical invinc random)
    Will the tide of battle Turn? THE FIGHT IS ALL!

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.67%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Nope.

For every 1 bad Caucasian Cosplayers, there are at least 1 EPIC and PERFECT one that is so many times better than its Asian counterpart. What they lack in that "Asian" look, they can build on having BETTER resources to create their costumes and armors compared to Asian. And many can get ANAL about accuracy down to the last bead or using "period" accurate" materials!

And in many Asian Countries, when Asian Cosplayers tried to go into Movie Costumes or Armor, they Epic Fail in term of the costumes worn as to them "it's just cosplaying so movie accuracy so accuracy is not important" or they rely too much on the wrong resources like Official Merchandises or FanArt.
    Caucasian? WOOH like the Original!

If you open your eyes properly at events and online, you will find terrible cosplayers from even places like Japan.

Maybe why you have this mentality is that Caucasian Cosplayers are not shy to post up their photos online at places like Cosplay.Com or DeviantArt or even Cure.
    Having a Cure and DeviantArt Account myself and feeling the pressure from the local cosplay scenes, I only dare to Post up the BEST photos. But at Cosplay.Com, kinda anything goes for posting up my photos in costumes.

Oh btw, has ANY Asian Cosplayer did a Full Anime/Manga Armor in IRON and accurately too? Well, this Mexico guy did!

And I donno why but for this particular title I love, other than the usual random South American cosplayers, Taiwanese Cosplayers are notorious for using Cloth or Vinyl/Pleather to make their Armor....like literally SEW the Armor together!
    On the serious note.

Took them words right out of me mouth.
    Will the tide of battle Turn? THE FIGHT IS ALL!

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.83%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

lol - Heil Hitler

Member Using Sniper Rifle Lysythe's Avatar
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.83%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Unless the art style is super realistic, I don't think you can fault anyone for not looking exactly like the character (unless there's a major difference like a thin-faced character and a EXTREMELY chubby cosplayer). Furthermore, certain animes/mangas aren't even set in Japan (eg Kuroshitsuji) and logically a Caucasian cosplayer should be best for Ciel and Sebastian right? right?

Of course not.

Conversely, just because an Asian wants to cosplay, say, Superman, it doesn't mean that they can't.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.4%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.01%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

FFFFFF what's wrong with their faces, or anyone's face for that matter. Do you see anyone who's eyes take up 1/3 of their face?
    Alot of characters are 'nationless/raceless' so it's fair game as long as you generally look like.
    And for characters that are supposed to be angmoh, well, then angmohs work better for them right. :|
    Even for characters that are Japanese/Asian like...maybe Kaiji, angmohs do better because they have THAT AWESOME NOSE AND REQUIRED MANLYNESS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast