Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

The game is far too easy. With Ryudo's Sky Dragon Sword, an easy 6k damage will get you a cheap and fast victory.

Save points are too near each other, and healing items are cheap, just need to buy Lumir Flower, and those mana healing stuff as much as you can, Those SP healing stuff and you're all set to completing the game real soon.

The PC version also has some problems. After spells like Tremor and Poizn the screen will "lag" with those lines streaking horizontally and you have to wait'

Spells like BOOM! are overrated, they are simply Victory earners, killing off everything of significant power, and KA-BOOM! is also good for taking of bosses like Eye of Valmar and those spreaded out enemies.

Characters are not versatile except for Tio
    Tio can be used as either attacker of mage, just the correct equipment and skills will get her ready.
    Roan/Mareg are melee shields, they just need a Darkring/DragonScales with skills "Decoy, Toughness, Toughness" will get all enemies attacking him giving 0 damage, making an invulnerable shield.
    Ryudo just need a Giant's Ring, SP lowering eqiupment and skills "Strength, Strength, Agility, Agility" to enable his quick and heavy Sky Dragon Sword.

Bosses are too friendly, 4heads lumping together to be cancelled simultaneously by Tio's Lotus Special.

yes Ryudo got some nice phrases here and there but ulimately doesnt constitute to the storyline. (Valkyrie Profile has much nicer ideals and phrases)

As usual, there are some parts of The Unexplained. Mareg dies, why just cant they throw a Yomi Elixir at him? Equip Mareg with warp shoes! Let him teleport to the Granasaber! No, Mareg Must die.

Roan and Tio are taken away from the final boss, which is such a waste, if you like using Tio(like i do).

The ending is pretty good, but merely typical. With Ryudo disappearing for a sooooooooooooooo long period, just reduced to a few sentences before Melfice's grave.

Enemies are quite limited, and Spell/Move blocks dont seem much of a disablilty with Roan around, with the flute that cures everything.

SP attacks are very powerful, Catastrophy by Elena, Sky Dragon Sword by Ryudo, Lotus(the throw) by Tio, Mareg's Area attack, Roan's are quite useless except for the cure, Millenia's Stomp.

Just my opinion, a rating of 3/10 for me.

Kawaii Poster
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

The dungeons. Lord the dungeons. They are the same. 0.o ugh.

To me Grandia 2 was a very slap/dash game. I think it probably could have been a lot better if Enix had invested more money in it, but well, there ya go. To be honest, the game's biggest flaw to me is that there simply were not enough characters to make the game interesting for me. I got sick of using the same party over and over again.

Mareg's death was very wtf. Like they just threw in character!death for the sake of character!death.

Plot wise; VERY predictable. I wouldn't have let this slide had not Ryudo had those few redeeming lines, (I can't remember what they are but they were hella funny)

The game was too easy overall. Didn't die ONCE during the whole game. T___T" (althought this might be due to a lack of optional bosses)

Mmm, In terms of rating I'd give it a 5/10.

Yo, nekosake! Unfair to compare Grandia to Valkyrie Profile!!! XP But I agree with you wholeheartedly. VP much nicer in terms of plot/concept. Boot camp for the dead? Rock on! =) Recruitment games are almost as good as sex. Almost.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

Valkyrie Profile vs Grandia 2??Vp win of course...in terms of script (it not really tight n to some extent rather loose ended),character designs,music and replayability is way better...but than again it is ridiculous to compare these two games bcos they are not head to head competitors.

Word Master
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

LOL!
    I'm sorry for being unfair, i tend to be biased towards Valkyrie Profile and FF7.

Personally i like games with what i call "Abusive" quality.
    Games with "Abusive" qualitys, e.g. FF7, FF8, gives you a range of characters.
    In FF7, each character can be used in a different manner, with respect to your meteria combination, strengths of characters and stuff. Valkyrie Profile is abit weak in this area as some characters are overrated(think swordusers, Lezard, Freya, Brams), but i love the way you can combo ALOT! and i meant damn alot! Balancing the opponent in midair in profile is a damn fun thing to do. Ok back to topic. FF7 can be played in a variety of ways, you can play magician or warrior mainly, but there's a way to time your game, if u want it fast, which characters and combinations, if you want it slow, well, another set. Vincent V, Yuffie, and Cait Sith are the "Faster" Characters, and it is a challenge to use them, rather than the good ol' Cid, Barret/Tifa and Cloud team. Personally Yuffie and Vincent are the fastest characters, Vincent could easily get a high magic damage, while a Gravity+Elemental on weapon will get yuffie 9999damage blows on Emerald.

Side Quests like Chocobo breeding also add into the fun (i usually skip the entire process).

Grandia is too straight foward, without any exceptional Characters nor Plots and storyline, something to play if you got TOO, TOO, TOO much time. You'd rather read the storyline summary instead, believe me.

Kawaii Poster
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

Can't blame you, Valkyrie Profile and FF7 are excellent games (although there is some debate to the latter)
    VP's combos are the cool. XD Arngrim is da man. 0__0 (other games on the RPG list are CC, Xenogears, and the Suikoden series)

Nekosake, what's your "ultimate party" in FF7?, (as in the one you use when you want to kick the most ass)
    Mine's Cloud, Yuffie and RedXIII. (Yuffie varies, tend to use her only when going up against the optional bosses, since Conformer works well against them) I tend to drop Vincent, as I haven't found any ways to utilize him properly...He's just kinda "there". T__T

"abusive qualities" describes Chrono Cross muchly? (playing at the moment) It's kinda tricky, since you have those pesky innate elements to deal with, I keep dying against Dario, cuz I've got two white innates and no Black plates!!! Actually I prefer the CC system over the recent FF systems,its fun, it keeps you on your toes, but its drawback is that it's very fiddly, the arranging of elements takes *hours*, especially with the forty something characters in your crew....-__-"

Word Master
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

Lol yeah.....too many character is like-___-'

I love to use aeris, cloud and yuffie. Aeris absorbs all the damage, using cover and HPplus, fury status on all my characters. She'll then be able to use TONS of limitbreaks XD and heal everyone back to normal XD. God i love aeris...

I use fury always (keep 99hyper at all times)

Ah...and Vincent is a good magician, but hard to keep up with his damage, so if one want to use him, pair a Elemental + Gravity/Fire/Blah.. and and Added Effect + Hades, which will get all the opponents on a spin in the head, or literally if they get confused..

Yup Chrono Cross is a good game but i dont particularly like the storyline T_T. I'm a very picky person when it comes to games, being unable to play due to some ahem* things, e.g firstly storyline, 2ndly battle system. I'm quite allergic to big big menus, think FF, that takes a few seconds to load sometimes, and if graphics are too bad it is termed unplayable by me. The least i want is say, Blaze and Blade, which already have VERY lousy graphics (in my opinion).

I dont particularly like games that stretch on for too long, like FF10, which forces you to encounter each and every cinematics T_T, and the tough monsters that are countered by the RAMPANT save points. Valkyrie Profile has quite in-depth storylines, though fragmented it is not a pain for one to look at, unless you're playing it for like...the 6th time?

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

I played for the 8th time already....playing easy mode but easy mode is harder than norm or hard bcos of the lack of good items.

Word Master
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

But less items less enjoymeny *_*
    i cant stand a simple game really.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

Gotta give easy mode a chance since I played 7 times already?

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

u sure have a high tolerance

Word Master
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

I played 6times only
    All hard modes

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

u shld try Norm then nekosake bcos there are some different dungeons for norm n hard respectively.

Word Master
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

i think all the dungeons in normal are in hard.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.02%

haha u are wrong.Go confirm urself.After all I did play all the modes b4.There some common dugeons but there are a few annoying differences btw hard and norm.U can start by readin faqs...I'm so damn sure there are so dun be quick to snuff me.I am willing to stake everything on this.All in!

Word Master
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.24%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity