Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Where has the code gone to? And guess what.....I am a fool who still tries to follow the code of fighting.......(no cheapskate throws, no all-the-way jabbing, no infinity, no cheapskate uppercuts that can be executed by just a press of a button) But in the recent SVC chaos....I was forced to violate the code cos capcom characters cannot win following the old code....

I also dunno since when did the KOF culture of "I throw u becos I like to/ becos I cannot win u/ becos I buay song u win me one round" got into SF.......in previous SF games if kana slam could be a mistake and usually the slam is returned...... In CVS and SVC the slam is bloody obvious to be a delibrate move and not a accidental move..... just today I play SVC chaos using gouki.....my opponent use riot iori and slam me like no ones business...... that is like using damage, speed advantage to be cheaper....... wat the hell has happened to the arcade vs world.......? Why everyone out there seems to be comparing with other who is the cheapest?

There is not much fun in arcade versus fighting now a days with all the bad culture......the olden days is still the best where 50 over people can crowd around a SSF2T machine challenging each other....and where the regulators are the ah bengs......(try cheap moves.....u might not get to go home in one piece...)

Down with cheapness!!! Revive the SF2 code of fighting!!
    I am a mecha cosplayer and I am proud of it.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Was there a code??When's the last time u play Vs Game Arcade??The last time I follow anything resembles that was in KoF '96.And u cannot just rely on a code of honour to win bcos...is cornering cheap?Or fireball, follow by uppercut??Nowadays the challenge is that u gotta make it on your own.If they goes cheap on you and you know it, Strike fast and strike quick and out cheap or fight it out or wat evers it take on screen to win.And the slams is there, so use it.The game counters goes fast so goes with it.Gaming is nvr clean unless u are playin platforms or rpg.I even got real challenge,real time with space hogging,'big arm' movements.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

there was a code......unspoken code......the ones who break it get smashed by the ah bengs.........then......
    it is a code.......tat exist between SF2 and SF zero2.... infact tat code exist for world heroes, fatal fury and art of fighting..... by kof 96...the code is disappearing.......... All SF2 players should noe of the unspoken code....

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Then it can be done away.Whatever in a game, stays in a game.Grace and codes are practised by oneself and not from fear.Which freaky arcade u go? ...I would not be even bothered going there bcos it's just a thinly disguised CMPB for Secret Societies.And I can give u a reason why this code is wrongly practised.It's a recruitment exercise.I played arcade for 10yrs and I follow this voluntarily.Nvr had I heard of this Ah Bengs thing...

Oh yea I posted this b4 u edit.After u edit I realised that your stand on the 'slam' code cannot valid.Especially for World heroes.Bcos C is the throw button.

Timid Typist
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

I used to think the same way as you, d4thday. But after serious thinking, I think I got something,
    let's say someone uses a so-called "cheap tactic" on you , and you get angry, because the guy keep on doing the same thing over and over again on you until you lose. and you get pissed. It happened to me a few times, thrown to death, crouching light kick(x many times) before combo, air-lauched and aircomboed to death. You named it, I would have most likely seen it or experienced it.
    The thing is you get pissed off at the cheapo, but are you really pissed at him , or at yourself for not being good enough to trash him?

The solution, get better at the game, then go back and kick his ass.

And most importantly, throws are put into fighting games for reasons, namely one of them is to take out "turtles", can you imagine fighting game without throws, then shotos can just fireball, dragonpunch from one corner of the screen. If you don't like to be thrown, just don't get in range to be thrown. Everything that's put into a fighting game can abused , it all depends on the player.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

I think rottin u got the wrong person....I am for improvement and not bearing grudges.The code dun work unless the other party goes for it.If someone play nice, I will play nice.If they are nasty, I gonna make them waste one token b4 they make me go away.And no outsiders bcos if u lose, u lose.Nothing to get pissed or agitated about.

Kawaii Poster
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Fair enough. If anyone should be blamed it should be the designers for allowing any "broken" moves or tactics.

Timid Typist
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Originally posted by rottingoodman@13 Sep 2003, 12:00 AM
    I used to think the same way as you, d4thday.

Holy crap, sorry d4thday, I got a typo on my post a while back , the correct first line should be

"I used to think the same way as you, Mirage_cld".

I was addressing the post to mirage_cld, and not you d4thday. Sorry for any misunderstanding
    caused.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

YES CLIVE!

FEEL THE POWER!

THE...POWER!

BOW DOWN! TO ALL GODS OF CAPCOMISM!
    I SALUTE YOU!
    HAIL!

ALL...HAIL!

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

d4thday........give u a senerio........ yesterday I use Gouki and defeated a normal iori following the code....next...he use riot iori for revenge and started to use speed , damage advantage against me and throw me more than five times in a round...... let's say I use the same tactic against him......but still a speed and damage disadvantage.....let's say when u play cheap against a cheap when u are facing a handicap...the chance of winning is low.......and wat's the glory? I win becos I cheap not becos my skill good....? If really wanna play slam....everyone can do it.....who needs special? who needs punch and kick? who needs DM? And somemore he using a riot iori and still wanna play cheap... and somemore Chaos cannot break slam....... Now tell me.....how do u use Gouki and win a cheap riot iori at a situation that when he gives u 10 standard hits, u must give him 20 standard hits to be equal?

well...rotting.....I din kana a defensive throw.....but a offensive one....the typical "give u a light punch punch then throw u".....if it is a defensive throw it is okie........I always do my defensive 360 with Hugo......

one word.......SF still one of the better games with balance characters and very little bugs.........I fight with skill.....and winning a cheapo player with skill has even greater glory.... for a simple fact...the best KOF and SF players in world are skill orientated players....not cheapo players.....

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Mirage_cld....u still can?Just join him in riot Iori.Besides wat the point of being angry at him being cheap?If u lose ur cool the chance of winning is zero.And u had to admit that Chaos is not a game for fair competition.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

mmmmmm

I believe that it IS important for there to be such a code. It gives a structure within people can challenge each other. In a perfect world, without taking into account secret characters, every character within an arcade game should be balanced and fair with each character, when used by a skilled person, being able to defeat all the other characters.

Alas, this is not a perfect world and so called 'cheap moves' and 'broken moves' work their way into games. So it falls upon the gamers themselves not to exploit these moves for an unfair advantage at the expense of the other player's enjoyment. This is not a PC game where a patch can be downloaded to correct the error, this is a game where you PAY 50cents or more PER GAME. The other person has as much a RIGHT to enjoy is 50 cents worth of game as you do. Using these 'cheap moves' destroys the other person's enjoyment of his game and thus wastes his 50 cents (or more).
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:

So... why bother?

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

I am not cheap.....so I dun use riot Iori..... There is no fun and glory with winning with a riot iori when a normal iori is already very strong by nature...... and personally I would use a SF character when given a choice..... I am a streetfighter fan....

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

*nods*

like when playing against a new player...... not much fun when you trash him/her

the fun it is a very close fight.
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:

So... why bother?

Timid Typist
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.88%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Well, when you play against people who are using cheap tactics, ( these people
    only have winning on their minds,example in CvS2, I play a ratio4 rugal,
    what does my friend choose?
    Riot Iori, Omega Rugal and Rugal.
    He doesn't need to play, my mind was already screaming " you CHEAP! ")
    you are setting yourself up for a challenge, I whipped his ass good, but then
    again , he wasn't much of a fighting games person.

just think of it when someone cheap challenges you, if you can beat him,
    it says a lot about your skill, if you lost, he was playing cheap, what can we say?

And yeah, a perfect world would be where people rely on honest skill
    to win , not cheapo tactics, but sad to say I don't see any chance of that happening.

I miss the days when playing these games were for a test of skill and not just for the sake of winning.
    Those days are gone forever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast