0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Default Schoolgirl beaten by youths

Taken from sgcollect

News can be found in newspaper.

This is SICK! What happen to our local youngsters? Seem like they are getting more n more violent!!

Just gotta learn abt this piece of news from newpaper.asia1 :

VICIOUS. Cruel. Unbelievable.

These are the reactions of handphone users who have seen a video-clip of three girls assaulting another girl.

The 4 1/2-minute-long clip, taken on a handphone, has caused a stir because the assailants and victim appear to be young teens.

The victim is kicked, slapped and punched by her assailants, forced to take off her shirt and almost has her shorts removed.

A voice can be heard in the background orchestrating the attack.

The calm voice giving instructions on how to hurt the girl is chilling.

The victim can also be heard faintly at one point saying, 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry.'

The attack appears to have taken place at an HDB staircase landing. (See graphics above.)

The brutality of the assailants' actions have horrified those who have chanced upon the video.

Mr Andre Rosli, 29, was shocked when he saw the clip.

'It's one thing to beat someone up and another thing to strip and humiliate her in front of other girls and film the entire act,' he told The New Paper.

'I'm repulsed by their violent actions. It's totally sick and made me feel like vomiting.'

Although he doesn't understand part of the Mandarin dialogue, and other bits are inaudible, he was shaken by how the assailants took turns to taunt the victim.

The New Paper received two Hotline calls about the video and understands it is making its way to handphones here. Checks showed that several students in one ITE had received it.

It is not known if a police report has been made by the victim or anyone who witnessed the assault.

It is also not clear if the assault was staged, although those who have viewed it felt that it's genuine.

Mr Andre, an ITE student, said: 'The actions are enough to convince me they are not putting on an act but are really attacking a helpless girl. It is cruel because the victim cannot retaliate as she is outnumbered.'

Miss Noor Azima Amir, his classmate, agreed.

The 19-year-old said: 'It's especially shocking as the assailants are girls, and they are laughing and giggling while beating the girl up!

'I wouldn't be too surprised if guys are behind such acts because they're more rough, but seeing girls behind such acts is unbelievable.

'I feel sorry for the victim because she was still ridiculed and abused even though she apologised.'

Another student, Miss Hong Mei Rong, 19, added in Mandarin: 'I've never seen such a violent clip.

'I can't imagine what the victim might have done to warrant the attack.'

Such aggression is not new, said Mr David Kan, counsellor and executive director of the Family Life Centre.

All that is new is how assailants are using handphone cameras to record their actions, as such video recording becomes more commonplace.

Mr Kan said: 'Kids who record their acts of torture do it not only for gratification. They also want to draw attention to themselves and seek approval from others.

'Many of them feel that their lives have been overlooked and hope that by engaging in such actions, they will be able to get the attention they crave.'

Mr Adrian Lim, the managing director of Tyem Academy which equips out-of-school youths with career academic programmes, has seen videos showing girls beating up other girls.

He explained that such clips are the teenagers' way of saying 'don't play punk with me. I'm quite fierce; see what I'm capable of'.

Mr Lim said: 'This is reality TV brought to the handphone level.

'The assailants may find it fun - they may giggle and laugh when they're doing it because it would not occur to them that they would be identified.

'The repercussions of their actions would not hit them at all, and even if you ask them if they are behind it, they might challenge you to prove their identity. It's an act of defiance.'

Lawyer Peter Low described the assailants' actions as 'cruel and vicious'.

They could be charged with assault or criminal force with intent to dishonour the victim and intent to outrage modesty, as well as voluntarily causing hurt. Each carries a jail sentence and/or fine.

Mr Low said the assailants could face a custodial sentence because of the aggravating factors:
    It was a group attack.
    The assault went on for more than four minutes.
    The victim was vulnerable and defenceless.

He added: 'If they're minors, they could be sent to a girls' home.'

Police spokesman Cheryl Foo said: 'The police will look into the matter when a report is lodged.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHOCKING DIALOGUE
    Girl who is filming the clip says: Unbutton, unbutton.

Same girl, telling two of her three friends not to come into the frame: You don't come yet, you don't come yet.
    Same girl, when her friends pull down the victim's tube top: Wo you zoom liao leh (Mandarin for I have zoomed in). Wo you zoom liao leh.

Giggles and laughter.

Another girl (appearing to be commenting on one of the assailants as she tries to pull down the victim's shorts): Wah, ta hui bi jiao hiong leh (mixture of Mandarin and Hokkien for she is more violent).

One of the girls: Wan le mei you (Mandarin for are you done)?
    Reply from another: Yao wan le (Mandarin for almost).

Kawaii Poster
    Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Alright! Finally the police are about to take action.....
    Boy! Those girls are even more violent than the aliens in the Species trilogy.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

lol, first tammy, now this. Handphone technology is so abused. XD

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

before this there is also a few posted on the youtube.

Also look before that we got those happy slapping and homeless bashing cases elsewhere. Youth love fresh and foreign ideas I guess.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

My friends have Birthday Bashes recorded in their phones, just not posted on YouTube yet. I was only talking about the news cases which are blown onto news.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

oh my...the poor victimised girl.... i have a question tho, if someone is being attacked and decides to protect him/herself but then hurts the attackers (hurt as in break a few bones here n there) will the victim be accused and blamed instead of the attackers? i mean well it IS self defense...poor girl...

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Read the story....she volunteer to be hit bcos she offended some shitheads.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

oh. i missed tt part out. oops. =P
    boy, tt's dumb.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

sheepdog:
    regarding the self-defence part.

you can ONLY return in kind if your attacker manage to land a hit on you FIRST, but you are NOT allowed to cause un-necessary hurt. only enough to defend yourself. e.g would be pushing the person away forcefully or a body throw(judo)

further acts of retaliation like breaking the person's arm or restraining him/her with an joint(bone) attack is only allowed if your attacker refuse to back down and/or is armed with a weapon. where you will then call the cops and then hand your attacker to them if you manage to subdue your attacker.(uncommon for someone with no martial arts background to do.)

you would have to provide a detailed explaination and statement of what you did in the scruffle and why was the excessive force used.

something to note. you will however lose all grounds of self-defence if you have had provoked your attacker into attacking you.
    I love it when i can get emotional responses from you all without doing much. Too easy

Use the Ignore List, it's the best function of this forum,everything else is just fluff.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

ah. i see. well then. XD thanks.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

even worse! i saw the video! i almost vomited alright?! i mean there were like 4 or 5 girls bashing a small sized girl up.. and if i never listen wrongly i heard a guy's voice in the background.. do these girls know exactly what they were doing? pulling off the top and almost the shorts off in front of a guy..how would the girl feel?! i felt so angry!
    [INDENT][INDENT]

ぺぃぺぃ!!(ΦωΦ)

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Either the guy ordered the girls or the girls did it themsleves,anyway my reply to the ah lians,''DIU NI LOU MOU!!!''(something I learned from the Hong Kong bus uncle.)

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Quote Originally Posted by golliwog
    even worse! i saw the video! i almost vomited alright?! i mean there were like 4 or 5 girls bashing a small sized girl up.. and if i never listen wrongly i heard a guy's voice in the background.. do these girls know exactly what they were doing? pulling off the top and almost the shorts off in front of a guy..how would the girl feel?! i felt so angry!
    better than let the guy strip her right???
    It's Gal Gang Houserules. So yah. It's damn silly. I will put up the Victim's side of the story later at night.

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Quote Originally Posted by KeoKepa
    sheepdog:
    regarding the self-defence part.

you can ONLY return in kind if your attacker manage to land a hit on you FIRST, but you are NOT allowed to cause un-necessary hurt. only enough to defend yourself. e.g would be pushing the person away forcefully or a body throw(judo)

further acts of retaliation like breaking the person's arm or restraining him/her with an joint(bone) attack is only allowed if your attacker refuse to back down and/or is armed with a weapon. where you will then call the cops and then hand your attacker to them if you manage to subdue your attacker.(uncommon for someone with no martial arts background to do.)

you would have to provide a detailed explaination and statement of what you did in the scruffle and why was the excessive force used.

something to note. you will however lose all grounds of self-defence if you have had provoked your attacker into attacking you.
    i wonder if you do self defense and u injure the person in the process, will the assailant use the injuries against the victim and sue the victim for assault?

Thanks
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0.02%
    Monthly Activity
    0.01%

Quote Originally Posted by yukisakura
    i wonder if you do self defense and u injure the person in the process, will the assailant use the injuries against the victim and sue the victim for assault?
    thats why i mention alot of conditions in my previous post.

let me repeat them for you.

first, you must not be the one to provoke and start the fight.

2nd, you might not be the one to land the first hit.

3rd, there are different lvls of restraining the attacker, you may only injure him if he resist further by acting in a violent manner or wields a weapon. but not recommended because you need to have a very good reason to do so.

4th, yes the bugger can sue you. but in singapore. it's a gone case for him.
    in anywhere else... it's doubious. because i've heard that in the states, a burglar got hurt by someone's guard dog and he sue the owner of the dogs, he won his case but he also got charged for burglary.

does that answer ur questions?
    I love it when i can get emotional responses from you all without doing much. Too easy

Use the Ignore List, it's the best function of this forum,everything else is just fluff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast